Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sewing Day


I declared a holiday and gave myself the whole day to sew. I've been working on "Victorian Opulance" and have the top almost done.

I'm not please with the effect the black corner blocks are giving. My eyes are drawn to those huge black blobs, they need to be changed. I laid it out on the bed to see how it fit...it's short so maybe an added row to the top with a pillow tuck. I have a partial border I laid aside and forgot. A few added blocks and I will have the top border done.

I've let my house go today, thats what holidays are for. The living room where I sew during the months DH is gone is a disaster with bits/pieces of fabric scattered hither and yon, furniture shoved out of the way to make room for my folding table. I'm not a very tidy person when I sew. I need to put on my cleaning hat and pick it up before I go to bed.

No comments: