Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas sewing is done, packages are mailed



Now that the Christmas sewing is on it's way, I can concentrate on finishing this quilt. Joanne needed a pattern tester and I volunteered. What started out as a wallhanging is evolving into a queen sized quilt for ME. I love the colors, makes me think of the richness of the Victorian era. "Victorian Opulence" it became.

I set it aside (thinking another UFO was in the works) when I ran out of the green fabric hoping that someone on one of the lists I belong to might dig through their stash and find just what I needed. Finally getting discouraged at ever finding the elusive fabric, I purchased another green that will work. A border of flying geese will set it off nicely.

I think of myself as a Maverick, who else would think to put hot pink, lime green and purple together. The pattern came from a magazine, a couple challenge fabrics and off I went in my own little world of colors. This was a fun challenge project. I don't think I'll do another one. The batting is bearding through the black and it looks as if my cats live on it.

Our weather has finally warmed up some. For the past few days Jack has been around leaving such a heavy frost it looked like snow had fallen. I'm glad the temps have risen above freezing and it's raining again, much as I dislike the rain.

No comments: