Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Walk in the Snow




Today I decided I had had enough of being in the house. Cabin Fever you know and my plan to have Thanksgiving Day dinner with one of my sisters and her family was derailed due to the falling snow. Needing to collect my mail from my mail drop I decided a bit of fresh air would do me good. I dressed up in my cold weather gear aka motorcycle riding suit and off I went grabbing my camera on the way out the door.

As I walked along enjoying the peaceful and quietness of the morning I could hear the crunching of the snow under my feet. What a beautiful site before me with the freshly fallen snow and flakes gracefully floating down from the sky. As I walked along I met a young couple towing their small child on one of those circle sleds. We exchanged greetings and went on our way.

As I came to the end of my street I started up the hill being careful to step far off the road as each car started up the hill.

Collecting my mail I wondered who chose the spots to place our banks of mail boxes. Thinking that all SUV's are not equal I watched this one back all the way down the hill not being able to get where he was going. Stepping to the rear of the bank of boxes I prepared to jump over the embankment behind me should he not be able to stop.

Not being ready to head home I decided to walk out to the gate and see if the county had plowed the road into town and who should I meet but a jogger out for a run. The road hadn't been plowed so I turned back towards home wondering when the snow would go away so I could get into town.




















As I turned to head home a Jeep turned into the gate stomping on the gas deliberately trying to fource a slide and I wondered if I could get out of his way. I watched as he drove on down the road and turned towards my house.

As I walked along I stopped here and there to enjoy the beauty of the day.

Finally heading home I was met by this cute little fella who was also out enjoying the snow.




After a few games of toss and fetch I continued on home having enjoyed the falling snow.

No comments: