Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bonnie Hunter

I love Bonnie's blog.



I just read her blog about stash and how much to buy. It brought back memories of when I first started quilting and fabric shopping. A fabricholic I became, everything that caught my eye I had to have. Seems silly to have a room full of fabric you know you will never use in your lifetime and when you are no longer here somebody will have to decide where it goes and how to deal with it.



Over 5 years ago I went on a fabric diet, not buying anything that happened to catch my eye cause it was interesting, a color I happened to like or just had to have for one reason or another. The only thing I've purchased is batting and an occassioal something for a special quilt. There's been no "gosh this sure is neat fabric or wow, I know at some point I can do something with this". I want to empty my cupboards, my totes of all the fabric I have. I don't want my kids to have to decide what to do with Mom's quilting stuff. vbg



I've invited my youngest sister to come shop my stash for whatever she wants. I want to get rid of it, I'm tired of seeing it in my sewing room. It takes up way too much room, leaving me with just enough space to stand and turn around. I no longer love it, and dont' want it.



It's amazing the amount of money we spend buying fabric and gadgets to make our sewing easier and then it just sits there to get dusty until we pass if off to somebody else who can then do the same thing we have.



I admit to being a quilting junkie. I love fabric and quilts but there comes a time for when just how many quilts does a person need. The ones I make now, I give away as the pleasure comes from making them not storing them on a shelf for someday.



I've 24 blocks done for the bargain quilt. They are going together pretty quickly. My only planning on this qlt is to have at least a yellow or red in each block. I think this will be a really outragous scrap Trip around the World. I wanted to participate in the mystery quilt Bonnie is posting but just don't have the time as this TATW has a deadline.

Gratitudes.

For family who always there when needed
Thanksgiving with my sister's family

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I am a Bonnie fan, so many good ideas for using what we have.
my gratitudes are for friends that are just a click away on the puter.

Sandy in South Australia

Janny said...

If you ever want to get rid of some fabric....
Shall I give you my adres?
Love your quilts.
Greetings from the Netherlands.
Janny