Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Block a Day


Today I finished up cutting and sorting the strips into groups for our 2012 Family Raffle Quilt. I decided to do a block to make sure the measurements were correct. They were and I had to trim as I stitched each strip together. We have some stitchers in our group who haven't a clue what a 1/4" seam is and have to compensate by cutting an extra 1/8" to everything. I sometimes think they don't really care but just get 'er done. This is one of 2 blocks for our Triple Irish Chain.

I have cut pieces and parts for my Block a Day Challenge and finished my block for today. It's also a challenge for me to dust some left overs from other projects. I'm doing star in a star blocks in rich fall colors with some brights thrown in. I want to have every star different in some way. Today I felt rather down. While it was a sunny fall day I felt gloomy as is my block. I missed having my partner there in the sewing room with me. It's still hard to go in there and be productive but each day does get better.








My sweet great granddaughters at a 4-H event.
Reese raises chickens and does very well having won many championship ribbons. Brooke will follow in her footsteps as she gets old enough to participate in 4-H... Their Mom also raised chickens as her 4-H project and did very well winning many ribbons. I wish they lived next door so I could spend time with them.

2 comments:

Diana Davis said...

I like both of your blocks you posted but especially the star one. I think that is gorgeous. You do such beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Dona,
When my cat scooter died (at 17 1/2) I was so lonely without her that I made excuses for a week to leave when the kindergarteners were in school so I didn't have to feel how quiet the house was so I understand. Eventually, it gets easier. Love your blocks and I'm sure Roscoe would approve!